it’s been a while since I’ve been here, recalling 5 favorite things of the week. I’ve missed doing this together. But here I am in a new location and I thought this would be a great time to jump right back into it. Thanks Susanne for hosting this. i saw last week even when you had computer problems you still turned up!!
There’s a lot I’m thankful for right now, and to start of my top five……………….
1. A smooth first week of school. I cannot tell you how relieved I am that the girls have settled in really well. They’re certainly not acting like they are the new kids in town, which I am so very thankful for. I am proud of them.
2. Breakfast with my new friend! So on Wednesday morning just a minute past 8(after the kids and husband were off to work and school), Jennifer family is our host family called me to join her for breakfast. It was a lovely surprise. As we ate breakfast she shared with me more important stuff like where to get good chicken, laundry powder and birthday presents. It was a good time.
3. A painted house. It’s finally happening and happening fast. I finally decided on my colors and Makmut (the maintenance/painter) has been in my house painting. I’m really happy with how the colors look on the wall! Because they always look so different on the color chart.
4. pretty flowers and blue skies. Right now there are such pretty flowers in our neighborhood. It’s a beautiful sight.
5. Just thankful. This week I had a moment to sit back and think about where I am right now in my life. Things are never perfect, and may never be! – there’s always another load of laundry, spilt milk on a brand new table cloth, sticky tile floors and the monotony of doing the same things over and over again. But at the end of the day, I’ve made it through that day. And then at night when I lay my head on my pillow I realize that it’s grace, it’s hope and it’s love that will make me get up tomorrow and do it all again. I am grateful!
I hope your week has been wonderful and that you’ve been blessed!
For more Fave Five’s start with Susanne.