Saturday, August 13, 2011

after a week

IMG_0337

* we’ve met many families here in our new neighborhood who have at one time have been the “new” family, and so they know what we’re going through. they’ve shared valuable information with us that we are thankful for.

* we’ve received batches of cookies and banana breads as a “welcome to Atyrau” thing.  best think they’ve been delicious. 

* the kids and I have walked over to the school and met the principal.  Actually the principal is also new so I guess we’re in the same boat.

* my girls have made new friends and have been out and about in the neighborhood.  This makes me happy because I want them to like it here.

* we’ve met families from all over the world – I’m pretty sure we are probably the only papua new guinean family here.

* and we’ve learnt a few Russian words - priviet (which is hello), spasiba (thank you),  skol ka (how much), pol kilo(half a kilo) and kak dila(how are you).

I’m always worried whether or not we’ll adjust but I think we’ll do just fine.

Happy Weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...