I’ve had a wonderful week and because it’s Friday, it time to share. Thanks Susanne for hosting Fave Five.
1. Paruski urok (I’ve written this phonetically!) – and it means Russian classes. After 4 classes I like it. I’ve learnt the alphabet(it’s still confusing but I’m getting there). I’ve learnt many words that I’m able to put them into sentences. Now when I get around town I’m able to decipher the shop signs etc and it’s much easier. I have to say this though, I’m motivated to learn the language and I think that helps a lot.
2. Photography. I have joined a group of people who are interested in photography. I enjoyed our first photo/class together. Not so much the location, but it’s exciting to be with people who are interested in the same thing.
3. Coffee morning. We had a newcomers coffee morning this week. It was good to put names to faces together. Because I have kids I tend to hang around more with the other parents who also have kids in school. So it was nice to meet some empty nesters and get their perspective of life here in Atyrau. Oh and I also came away with a disc of recipes as a welcome gift. It’s great because the recipes are geared to what we are able to find in the supermarkets here.
4. Pretty Roses. they always make me happy when I see them outside my house.
5. Independence Day. My home country celebrated our independence today. Actually the celebration will be all weekend. I got a facebook message from my sister, that my brother was part of a group that built a lakatoi (double hulled canoe). The canoe will sail from one island to the main one tomorrow, re-enacting the arrival of the boats that set sail and traded with the other sea cities. When I get such messages from home I get homesick and wish I were there. below is an old picture I found on google.
Happy Independence Papua New Guinea!
So what were your favorite’s for the week? Join us and share.