34. my Russian classes and that I can laugh at myself for sounding funny. I’ll get there.
35. Salmon. fresh salmon.
36. parents who are motivated to use their skills in our community.
37. children who run home for lunch
38. my kids friends who like to come to our house.
39. parents who volunteer for community activities.
40. the Ural River that runs into the Caspian sea.
41. being invited to join a group of photographers on their weekly trips out to the community.
42. my husband who works hard
43. internet connection – don’t know what I’d do without it
44. homemade cakes
45. line dancing. yes we had some line dancing on the weekend to Billy Ray Cyrus’s Achy breaky heart.
46. the full moon
47. hearing from T’s teacher that she has changed the mind of one boy in her class – he now says that girls are ok!
48. children cheering their parents in a tug-o-war
49. parents organizing obstacle courses for the kids
50. husbands and wives dancing close together
yesterday was that day, the day I remembered exactly where I was and what I was doing when those towers fell down. It’s hard to believe it was 10 years ago. As I surfed through the channels, my kids were with me and could not help but ask all those questions I was asking when it all happened.
I answered them as best as I could.
51. healing with time.
Have a great week!