Tuesday, September 25, 2012

back at home in time to enjoy Kazakh week

we were away last week in the capital of Kazakhstan, which is Astana.  It was different to my city Atyrau. 

It was grand, it was beautiful and when I walked into one of their malls it was hard to believe I was actually still in Kazakhstan.

I guess that says a lot about the city we live in, Atyrau.  although in the one year I’ve been here I’ve seen a lot of construction and things changing, but they are moving forward.

 

_MG_0135

_MG_0140

_MG_0105

The kids are back in school and this week they’re celebrating Kazakh week.  It’s things like this that make me really appreciate the ‘expat’ life that we live.  Joshua and Tanysha are excited that there’s a Yurt in the school lobby.  It’s quite amazing. 

All week they’ll be learning about this country that we’re calling home for now and that makes me happy.

I hope to share with you this week what I’ve learnt too.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Mari said...

It's beautiful! You've really surprised me with the pictures you've shared of Kazakhstan since you've been there. I never knew it was so progressive.
Joshua is getting so big! They're both cute as ever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...