Tuesday, May 29, 2012

this time last year…..

I left my kids at home (Thailand at the time) and made the trip to the other side of the world. The “pre-assignment” trip is what they call it.

I told myself when I made that trip to come here with an open mind and from all accounts of what I was told – to not have high expectations of the place!!

Well it’s been almost 11 months now and to be very honest with you – it ain’t that bad. It really isnt!  Yeah the winters are harsh and  the school is a little too small for my liking (but my kids love it so I have to be ok with it!) and we can’t always find what we want at the grocery stores. But otherwise it really isn’t that bad.

In fact after 11 months here what I’m most thankful for is the people I’ve met..Both the local and the other expatriates.   it really is the people that that make this a not so bad place to live.   I’ve met some wonderful  people, and I hope to see these new friendships that I’ve made blossom. 

IMG_0055

Tomorrow I’m hosting a couple who are here on their pre-assignment trip.  I hope I’m able to answer their questions and share with them that living here can be a wonderful experience.

3 comments:

Ballerina Girl said...

I'd like to get together more next year...
Let's try to have dinner with the guys nice we are all back.

It is the people that make this place for me also...
Have a great summer!

BG

nadine paduart said...

it's a ways of life i am completely unaware off. i think i could live this and i find you are a dab hand at it!
your life is an adventure, isn't it, kari?
n♥

Jewel said...

You are in such a wonderful position to help others who you are in the place that you were! That's wonderful!! <3 <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...