Thursday, May 24, 2012

only 5 days left

the girls first school year here in Atyrau is coming to an end.  I can’t believe it.  It only seems like yesterday was their first day at school and now they only have 5 left.

first day @ school 

The girls amazed me at how quick they were able to adjust from a school of almost 1000 kids to only having 65 here at their new one. I’m so proud of them.  I’ll admit that it took me a little more time to get used to such a small school.   There are times when I wonder if hubby and I are doing right by them by having them in such a small school. But then at some weird level I feel like my kids will somehow be better in life because of it.  Apart from the core subjects that they have to cover there are so many social and life skills that they need to learn because of the size of the school.

IMG_0029

Well school’s almost out and we are ready for Summer!!

2 comments:

Francesca said...

Can't wait for the end of our school year, in 3 weeks time!

Ballerina Girl said...

Days? I'm counting hours ;)
It is an interesting place with such different lessons, but...
It is where we are and somehow (a lot of coffees with ladies usually), we learn how to live it!

Looking forward to many great memories once we all return!
Have a great summer...

BG

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...