Friday, January 20, 2012

yesterday

the 19th of January the Russians celebrated the Russian Orthodox festival of Epiphany to commemorate the baptism of Jesus Christ.

It was cold but I didn’t want to miss it so I braved the elements. I wore layer upon layer and went out there with a group to watch it.

While watching I couldn’t stop thinking to myself how crazy they are but then I don’t get it.  I don’t totally understand it but I appreciated it.

Here are some photos from my day and a video. (I meant to post these yesterday but after 4 and a half hours outside I just felt so tired after that!)

enjoy.

IMG_0025IMG_0029IMG_0056IMG_0042IMG_0072IMG_0076IMG_0092IMG_0094IMG_0134IMG_0135IMG_0174IMG_0175IMG_0226

6 comments:

Mari said...

Oh my word! I can't even imagine!
Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting!

Ballerina Girl said...

Great idea to video...maybe we can brave the elements again next year! Maybe we can brave the elements together again, next year.
Nice photos....I especially like the hands on the ladder. I just kept worrying about the people slipping, but I think that was what the diver was for....to try to save them if they did.

BG

Dorte said...

I can't even imagine how cold this must be.

Gattina said...

OMG, I would rather prefer not to baptisized, I wonder if this treatment is recommended in the bible or if it's a new invention of the bible translator, lol !

;) said...

You're a great reporter! Thanks for sharing this amazing moment.

Francesca said...

Goodness! I think that your comment about not totally understanding but appreciating it, is quite appropriate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...