Friday, January 20, 2012

friday’s fave five

fff winter button

Anyone else think this month is going just a little too quickly?  Well it’s another week gone, and a good week actually!  things are getting into the rhythm that I want.

Thanks Susanne for Fave Five. it does help me to be in the moment and be aware of that thing(even if it is just one thing) a day to be thankful for.

Here’s my five for the week;

1.  emails from my sister.  And to know that everyone is doing well at home.

2.  a new kitchen gadget.  it’s one that I’m using a lot and I’m so thankful that I went ahead and bought it.cuisanrt

3.  if there is one thing I love about being able to live in different countries, it is the opportunity to learn and witness their cultural and religious traditions. Yesterday I braved the elements and went out to the Ural river where I watched the Russian Orthodox festival of Epiphany, commemorating the baptism of Jesus Christ.  I’m still reading and learning about it and trying to understand why they dip themselves in such freezing water.

IMG_0026IMG_0091

IMG_0094IMG_0227

4. work out buddies.  Let me just say this - it totally beats exercising by yourself.  And I know it makes that hour go by quicker.

5.  My first ever Zumba class.  This one I really enjoyed.  I felt so totally un co-ordinated but it was fun to learn some Samba, Merengue and Salsa moves. Hmm maybe one day I can put it altogether.

For more Fave five’s start with Susanne.

Happy Friday everyone.

9 comments:

LivingforGod said...

That water looks really cold and he had no shirt on...yikes! Have fun exercising and dancing!

Susanne said...

Brrr, I wonder who the volunteer is to get into that water. Yikes!

I have that same cuisinart appliance and totally love it! I use it all the time.

I've heard lots about Zumba. I'll have to look into it.

Jerralea said...

I love kitchen gadgets! I'm a big believer in needing the right tool for the job.

I'm glad I got baptized in summer! What a commitment that young made made!

My sister loves Zumba. I am totally uncoordinated so I'm not sure I will ever try it!

Karen said...

I came across one of those kitchen gadgets and let my son have it. I had no idea what to do with it! Well, I hope he's enjoying it:)

Great photo, of the man in the icy water.

Barbara H. said...

We received a simiilar gadget but I have no idea what to do with it.

Always so glad to hear from home and to know everyone is doing well.

I can't imagine getting baptized in ware that cold!!!

Brenda said...

Beautiful pictures of the epiphany celebration, its so much fun to learn about traditions in other countries!

Gattina said...

I don't know what this gadget is, hope it's useful ! I too like Friday's 5 it helps me to remember what I did last year at the same time, lol !

nikkipolani said...

Oh, I love that gadget (which I inherited from my mother who didn't know what on earth to do with it). Makes for wonderful soups. Wonderful images of this ceremony -- but so very cooooold!

Susan@FruitfulWords said...

One thing I really enjoy about your FFF's (and blog) is that you share about your new country so beautifully. These are things I wouldn't get to know about and see otherwise.

I NEED to find an exercise buddy or two. Maybe then I'd be committed to getting exercise into my life on a consistent basis.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...